Events & News
A Storybook Holiday
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Join us for a day filled with holiday cheer! Drop by anytime to take a photo with your family in the Now Space. We will have a tripod & backdrop set up for you to use your own phone to take family pictures.
Families will enjoy the holiday story time and craft. Music from Apollo String Quartet will be playing during the Family Craft.
All ages are welcome to join us for Book Bingo. If you would like to play from home, please register and we will send you a Zoom link and Bingo card. Book Bingo winners get to choose a prize book!
10:30 am: Holiday Story Time
11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Family Craft
11:00am - 11:45am: Apollo String Quartet
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Book Bingo (in person: no registration; virtual: register here)
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Craft for Adults: Folded Book Trees
All Day: DIY Holiday Photos (NOW Space)
Food For Fines
Food for Fines returns this December 2021. Please click here for all the details.
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
Information on Library Services
Make sure to follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our e-newsletter. To subscribe to the e-newsletter, scroll down to the bottom of this website and enter your email address.
Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms
- Meeting Rooms may be booked by civic groups. The East and West Study Rooms are available for use. Maximum occupancy will be 2 individuals per room. Reservations can be made online. Go to our website (www.sgpl.org); go to How Do I? and click on Request A Meeting Or Study Room.
- Seating is now available in the library.
- The former Cafe is called the Now Space. It had some water damage and we received a renovation grant. There is a meeting table in this space that can be reserved.
- The Computer Lab is open and there are no time restrictions. Staff assistance may be limited due to social distancing at the computers.
- Printer, copier, and fax machine services are available.
Our Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am– 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Masks are required for anyone over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, beginning Monday August 30, 2021, per the Governor's new requirement. We are following the Illinois Department of Health guidelines.
Materials and Fines
- Materials will no longer be quarantined. There are 3 places to return your materials: drive-up slot, front entryway, and in the slot at the main circulation desk.
- Fines for late items will now accrue. Items can now be renewed. (New items still cannot be renewed.)
- Your holds will be waiting for you on the shelves next to the circulation desk.
- Indoor programs are returning in limited capacity. The library will be hosting outdoor programs. View our calendar.
Donations and Booksale
- Donations are being accepted again. Please only donate 1-2 boxes of gift-giving condition books at a time. We do not have space for them. View more info on donations here.
- We have a small shelf of sale items in the Now Space (former Cafe space).
Questions? Please direct questions or comments to the Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
virtual STORY TIME KITS
Now you can have Story Time at home!