Events & News
Lobby Pickup Service Only - No Library Access
Update 1/19/21. The governor has moved our region back to Tier 2, but the library is still operating on Lobby Pickup Service Only currently. We will make announcements soon regarding change of service. Make sure to follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter (at the bottom of our page) if you would like to be notified of those changes.
HOW TO USE Lobby PickUp Service:
- Place your holds by using our online catalog.
- Our system will notify you when your hold is ready to be picked up.
- Call when you are in the parking lot to let us know you are here to pick up your holds, 630-466-4686.
- If you don’t have a cell phone, there is a lobby phone in the Library. Please wait outside if you use the Lobby phone after you call us.
- We recommend waiting in your car for up to 5 minutes after calling before coming inside to collect your items. It will take us a few minutes to locate your items and get them checked out to your account.
- Your holds will be waiting for you on a table inside the front doors in our Lobby.
- Please do not come into the Lobby without calling first. There will be no staff present in the Lobby. There is a phone in the Library if you forgot yours or don't have one. We ask that you wait outside the Lobby while we process your holds. This is to prevent a build up of patrons in the Lobby for your health and safety.
- If you would like to avoid a long wait, we recommend avoiding our busiest times: Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:30pm.
Lobby Pick Up Service Hours:
- Monday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Thursday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
What Services Are Available?
- Requesting holds from Sugar Grove and other libraries.
- New card registration and card renewals
- Ebooks and Research database access
- Virtual programs: virtual book clubs, virtual knitting club, craft kit pick ups
- Virtual Book a Librarian Appointment times
- Print job pick-up service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will print your documents for you to pickup.
What Services are Unavailable?
Surprise Me Bundles
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sign up for a Library card? Yes, please call 630-466-4686 or email us. Click here for more info on getting a digital-only card instantly, or what you will need to email us for a full card registration: http://www.sgpl.org/get-a-card
Can I renew my Library card? Yes, please call 630-466-4686 or email us.
Can I renew my items? At this time, we are not able to renew items. All types of items are checked out for 3 weeks. We are fine-free for now, but your card will be blocked from checking out further items if items on your account are 21 days late or more.
Can I return my items? Yes, our bookdrops are open for returns. We have 2 places to put your book returns. You can walk up in the front atrium area to return your items near the Little Free Food Pantry, OR you can use the back drive-up book return. Please note: items remain on your card for 4 days for quarantine before being checked in.
I returned my items, but they are still on my account. Can you check for the missing items?
For the safety of staff and community, we will check your items in 4 days after they are returned. We are going Fine Free for Now. This does not apply to lost or damaged items. Your card will be blocked if items are not returned within 21 days, which will prevent you from further checkouts. Please ensure you return your items on time. You can place a hold on another copy of your item if you need additional time. If you need assistance please email us or call 630-466-4686
Are you still providing Curbside Service? We are providing Lobby Pickup Service, different from our Curbside service offered this past summer. Please call 630-466-4686 when you arrive at the Library and we will place your holds in the Lobby for you to pickup. If you are unable to come into the library for health reasons, we will bring the items out to your trunk.
Do I need to wear a mask when collecting my items from the Lobby? Yes, as you may encounter other patrons collecting items at the same time. If you can not wear a mask, we can bring items out to your car. Please call us at 630-466-4686 to arrange this. Please view our new Patron Policy on Face Masks.
Can I book a meeting or study room? No, as of Saturday 11/21/20, the building is closed to the public.
Can I use the computer? No, these services are unavailable at this time. Most libraries around us are also unavailable to the public.
Can I print something? We can print items for you if you email us. The printer fee will be charged to your account for online payment at your convenience. Printing costs are $0.10 a page for black and white, and $0.50 a page for color. You can also use this webform to submit your print job. Please call or email us to let us know you have submitted it. We will notify you when the items are ready to be picked up, and then you call us at 630-466-4686 when you arrive, and we will place your print job on a table in the lobby for you to retrieve.
Can I fax something? If you have a PDF document, you can upload to this website https://faxzero.com/ and fax for free. You can also ask your bank or visit the UPS store. If you need assistance, please call us at 630-466-4686 or email email@example.com so that the reference department can assist you further.
Can I scan something? If you need something scanned into a PDF and sent to an email address, please bring your documents to the library, call us, place your papers in an envelope on the table in the lobby, and then wait in your car. We will retrieve your documents and scan them for you, and call you when your papers are ready to pick up again.
Can I get some help with how to download ebooks? Yes, we can help you over the phone or with a Zoom video appointment. Please email us and we can set up an appointment with you.
Do you have any programs? We are providing craft kits to go, virtual book discussions, virtual story time kits (see below), virtual teen gaming night, and virtual knitting club. We are also providing links to great virtual events going on. Please view our calendar for more information. There are no indoor programs at this time.
Questions? Click here to email us
STORY TIME KITS
Now you can have Story Time at home!
- Winter Story Time Kit - This kit includes ebooks, music, a craft, 2 movies, and a coloring page centered around winter, snow, and snowmen.
- Thanksgiving Story Time Kit - This kit includes 2 movies, ebooks, a song, and a craft centered around Thanksgiving.
- Fairy Tale Story Time Kit - This kit includes a read-aloud, ebooks, a song, a craft, and a coloring page centered around classic and remade fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes.
- Autumn Story Time Kit - This kit includes 2 read-alouds, ebooks, a song, a craft, and a coloring page centered around fall leaves, squirrels, and other fun autumn activities.
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
- 1/13/21 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 1/7/21 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 1/5/21 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 11/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 11/18/20 E-Newsletter - All Ages - Services Changes
- 11/13/20 E-Newsletter - All Ages - Service Changes
- 11/7/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 11/4/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 11/4/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 10/3/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/26/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/21/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/10/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/2/20 E-Newsletter -Adults
- 7/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 7/1/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/27/20 Press Release on Phased Reopening
- 6/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 6/11/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/28/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/20/20 E-Newsletter - Adult (same email sent to all ages)
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 5/8/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/7/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 4/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/7/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/6/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 3/27/20 E-Newsletter
- 3/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 3/16/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/14/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/12/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
Virtual Library Branch is Open 24/7
Visit the Library's Virtual Branch now to learn about the Library's ebook apps for your phone, device, or computer browser:
Click here: https://www.sgpl.org/e-books
Visit this list of resources to help during this time, compiled by Librarians.
Library Annual Report
Download a copy of our Annual Report for FY 2019-2020 (New, added 1/4/21)