Welcome to the Teen Department!
The teen department includes a Teen Zone just for teens in grades 6-12. Teens have the opportunity to attend monthly programs or clubs, including a teen leadership council. The Teen Zone is equipped with four computers, three study tables, and a gaming area to play PS3, PS4, or Nintendo Switch games. Click the links below to learn more about what we offer teens in the Sugar Grove community.
Virtual Summer Reading Has Come To An End
Pick up your completion prize at the library until August 20th!
Teen Online Resources
Our librarians searched the internet for you! Here is a roundup of some of the best digital content out there right now:
Authors on Instagram & More!
- Stimola Literary Studio Live - live stream events by professional authors and illustrators
- Epic Reads: 15 YA Authors To Follow on Instagram
- Draw Everyday with Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- Lamar Giles Instagram Q & A
- Kwame Alexander Q & A Session
- Dan Gutman Reads Aloud
- Levar Burton Reads
- Author KA Holt reads an excerpt from her novel-in-verse, House Arrest
- Mae Respicio reads a few pages & shares a quick, fun writing prompt
- Illustrator Kelley McMorris shares how she illustrates a book cover
- Diary Writing Prompt with Veera Hiranandani
The Teen Zone is for tweens and teens in grades 6-12 to hang out, play video games, use the computer, and study.
- Three study tables with four chairs each
- Gaming center with Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4 gaming consoles, and four red gaming chairs
- Four computers equipped with Windows 10, Microsoft Office suite, and Minecraft Education Edition.
- Coloring books and materials
- Lap Desks
- Most teen programs are held in this room.