Events & News
"Grab and Go" Limited Service Beginning July 13
Face coverings are required and we encourage a 30 minute time limit.
- Monday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursday: 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
What Services are Available?
- Browse, Hold Pickup, & Checkouts
- Print/Copy/Fax and Computer
What Services are Not Available?
- Meeting & Study Rooms, Play Areas, & Teen Zone are closed.
- No seating available.
- We can not accept material donations at this time.
- Our drive-up window remains closed. Limited curbside service for those who prefer not to enter the building. Call 630-466-4686.
Can I renew my items? At this time, we are not able to renew items.
I see items on my account but I have returned them already. Will there be fees? No, we are still fine-free at this time as all items are quarantined for 4 days after they are returned.
I have a health condition and can not wear a mask inside the building. How can I use the library? Patrons will be provided a face shield for use inside the library during their visit if this is preferable. Otherwise, we will bring items out to your car. Call 630-466-4686 for this service. Please view our new Patron Policy on Face Masks.
Curbside Service is in effect from June 1 - July 9. Indoor service resumes on July 13 with limited hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
I returned my items, but they are still on my account. Can you check for the missing items?
For the safety of staff and community, we will check your items in four days after they are returned. Items may show a fee accrual on your account, BUT there will be no fees when they are checked in. We are going Fine Free for Now. This does not apply to lost or damaged items.
Can I return my items?
Yes, our bookdrops are open for returns.
You can walk up in the front atrium area to return your items near the Little Free Food Pantry, OR you can use the back drive-up book return.
Do you know when the library will reopen?
The Library will reopen for limited "Grab & Go" browsing beginning Monday July 13. Hours are Monday 10-2, Thursday 3-7, and Saturday 10-2.
Questions? Click here to email us
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
- 7/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 7/1/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/27/20 Press Release on Phased Reopening
- 6/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 6/11/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/28/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/20/20 E-Newsletter - Adult (same email sent to all ages)
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 5/8/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/7/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 4/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/7/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/6/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 3/27/20 E-Newsletter
- 3/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 3/16/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/14/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/12/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
Virtual Library Branch is Open 24/7
Visit the Library's Virtual Branch now to learn about the Library's ebook apps for your phone, device, or computer browser:
Click here: https://www.sgpl.org/e-books
Visit this list of resources to help during this time, compiled by Librarians.
Library Annual Report